15 most recent news feeds
- Mangongo threatens to drop Zimbabwe seniors
- Stephen Mangongo, the Zimbabwe head coach, has said that he is ready to drop senior players if their experience does not translate into improved results for the team
- Who’s knocking on door for call-up?
- IT might be the middle of winter but a host of players have been pushing for national selection with some eye-catching performances for Australia A.
- Klinger signs with Perth Scorchers
- Batsman Michael Klinger has signed with the Perth Scorchers for the 2014-15 BBL season, completing his move west from South Australia
- UK view: win marks new era of glory
- THE British media tried to keep a lid on the excitement after witnessing England’s first Test victory in 353 days, but some couldn’t resist.
- Pollard late salvo downs Zouks
- Kieron Pollard's timely return to form helped Barbados Tridents register their fourth win while keeping St Lucia Zouks winless in a tightly-fought match in Gros Islet
- Match fixing: Are we doing enough to stamp out this crime?
The term ‘Match Fixing’ is used as a catch-all for a whole range of things and is usually an inaccurate term as the result of a match certainly isn’t always involved. It is likely to be a particular event, or series of events, within a match which are manipulated rather than an entire match. Are we doing enough to stamp out this menace in cricket?
- Fastest ever centuries in Tests, ODIs and T20's
Rookie Kiwi allrounder, Corey Anderson, smashed a 36-ball century to beat Shahid Afridi's 18 year old record for the fastest ever ODI century. Anderson ended up on 131 not out in 47 balls as New Zealand beat the West Indies in a rain shorted ODI in Queenstown, Jan 2014.
Chris Gayle, one of the cleanest strikers in modern cricket, set a new record for the fastest century in the history of professional cricket with an astonishing century off just 30 balls for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2013 Indian Premier League. How does Gayle’s feat compare with other rapid centuries?
- Triple century club: Highlights of legendary Test knocks
Ever since England opener Andy Sandham stroked his way to 325 (640 balls, 28 fours) against the West Indies in the 4th Test of 1930 at Sabina Park, it has been a dream for batsman to crown their career by achieving a triple century in test cricket. Amongst the many greats of the game that did not record a triple are Sachin Tendulkar (Highest score 248 not out), Ricky Ponting (Highest score of 257), Rahul Dravid (Highest score 270) and Allan Border (Highest score 205) – this list comprises 4 of the top 5 run scorers in test cricket, with only Lara making a triple century.
- The widening gulf: where is cricket heading?
Cricket’s law-makers are prone to act on controversial decisions such as the no balling of Steve Finn after he had dislodged the bails at the non-striker’s end during the England-South Africa series in 2012. But what are the impacts of these knee-jerk changes to the laws of cricket on club cricketers? Alan Flook examines this thorny issue from the perspective of those that play the game for recreation at the grass-roots.
- Sledging war makes mockery of the Ashes battle
Players from both sides became fired up during various stages of the Ashes series as the sledging war escalated to ugly heights. Alan Flook examines this hot topic.