15 most recent news feeds
- Bhatti detained in Dubai over visa
- Bilawal Bhatti, the Pakistan allrounder, has been held at Dubai airport for using an invalid visa when the squad arrived in the UAE, following the South Africa tour
- Ashes masking cricket's ugly side
- THE history, tradition and pulling power of Ashes contests is camouflaging a rather less savoury side of world cricket.
- England fail to grasp advantage
- On a day littered with self-inflicted mistakes, England dropped three catches and missed the opportunity to gain anything more than a foothold in the match
- Clarke, Bailey limit day one damage
- A CRUCIAL partnership between Michael Clarke and George Bailey has ensured day one honours were shared in Adelaide.
- SA batsmen give India harsh welcome
- Baby-faced Quinton de Kock in pink beat Indian bowlers black and blue, used the odd delicate chip in between, and gave the visitors a harsh welcome into the country with a personal-best century that set India a target of 359
- Critical Ashes moment: Should Stuart Broad have walked?
It has been many years since it was automatic for a batsman to walk when a ball was taken off an edge. This was largely a British thing surrounding the concept of ‘Sportsmanship’. It was never a part of the general Aussie approach or, indeed, in the UK at the professional level. Was Stuart Broad doing the right thing to stand his ground during a crucial period in the 1st Ashes Test at Trent Bridge?
- A progressive look at the highest One Day Innings of all time
On the same ground that he was booed off for slow scoring four years previously, Sachin Tendulkar become the first batsman to make a double-hundred in the history of one-day international cricket. His innings of 200 not out made in 147 balls (25 fours, 3 sixers) was the cornerstone of India’s 401 for 3 as they rolled over South Africa by 153 runs in the 2nd ODI at Gwalior on 24th Feb 2010.
- Chris Gayle on top of fastest hundreds list
Chris Gayle, one of the cleanest strikers in modern cricket, recently set a new record for the fastest century in the history of professional cricket with an astonishing century off just 30 balls for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2013 Indian Premier League. How does Gayle’s feat compare with other rapid centuries?
- PAGE OF SHAME series : A timeline of Match and Spot Fixing activities
What are the sequence of events in the colourful and recent history of activities that has resulted in match-fixing? How are the players undermining the entire essence of cricket in an ever increasing frequency of scandals? This article lists out the timeline of match fixing, spot fixing and the related allegations that has tainted cricket.
- PAGE OF SHAME series: Match-fixing and Spot-fixing taints cricket
Match-fixing and other ways to manipulate the goings-on in cricket is eating away at the entire fabric of the game. The fundamental attraction for millions of fans who follow World Cups and Test matches for the sheer unpredictability of the outcome get cheated with yet another sting operation that reveals more cheats who are playing the game – whilst the ICC stands by haplessly doing too little, too late.